Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Starfish Story


Long before P.A.R.K. started, I have always been inspired by the starfish story (in the pic above). I remembered when I first started work 6 years ago, there was a section in my profile page (on the company's intranet) which I need to fill in some information about myself. I quoted the starfish story and ended with a concluding statement, "I aspire to be the starfish thrower who can make a difference to the people around me". Till today, I have yet to edit that section because I am still inspired by the starfish story and live by this philosophy that I can make a difference to someone, through acts of random kindness, one at a time.

There are millions of starfish (people waiting to receive our kindness) out there on the beach (in this world), we cannot save (help or be kind to) every one of them because we are not Superman. However, we can still make a difference to the starfish (one person at a time) that we are throwing into the ocean (one act of kindness) now.

Make a difference to that starfish today !

No comments:

Post a Comment