Friday, August 14, 2015

The Kindness of Fellow Singaporeans

I have always believed that our friends in Singapore are kind, I really do. Otherwise, I wouldn't have started Project Act of Random Kindness - PARK a couple of years ago. I grew up being inspired by many acts of kindness, stories of people all the way out to help others, fund raising charity shows, help for neighboring countries after they are hit by natural disasters and many more. Deep down, I know many Singaporeans are always willing to lend a helping hand, whenever they can.
With increasing connectivity provided by the Internet and popularity of social media, we start to see a lot of sharing of information; people share a lot of negative stuff on the Internet, like how people refuse to give up seats to someone more needy, how "ugly" Singaporeans can be....etc. With all these negative influence, we start to lose faith in fellow Singaporeans and forget the good that is present inside all of us. We start to criticize and condemn our own people and go along with naysayers to create more negative energy. This, in my humble opinion, is all so wrong.
My projects (P.A.R.K. & P2P) are not to create something totally new or influence anyone to be a completely different person. It's about bringing the best out of people, something that is already in them but somehow hinder and discouraged by the negativity that is surrounding them. It's about creating the culture that can help build a better society for us and our future generations, it's about providing opportunities to those who always wanted to do good but are clueless how to go about doing it, it's a beautiful showcase of what we can do and a gentle reminder of who we really are.
As much as I hope to inspire more people, I am inspired by the wonderful people I have met in this journey. As much as I hope my friends find meaning and live life to fullest, I have found a lot of meaning in what I do.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you very much for the inspiration smile emoticon
The below social experiment is a perfect illustration of what Singaporeans are made up of, watch and be inspired smile emoticon
Wishing all a happy and enjoyable weekend ahead !



No comments:

Post a Comment