Friday, February 19, 2016

Act of Random Kindness In the Supermarket

I was waiting to pay for my basket of grocery when I saw a baby boy in his pram, looking over his shoulder at my direction. I turned and saw his mum, a young Malay lady, queuing behind me. She had only 2 small items to pay while I had one big basket. So, I asked if she wanted to go first because she had only 2 items and I am not in a rush (how much delay would payment of 2 small items cause anyway?), plus her baby was waiting for her. She politely declined, told me it's okay and thanked me.
I thought that simple gesture like this can warm someone's heart. I saw someone did something similar before and today I learn to be like her:
In the kindness world, we inspire one another to do better. Today, I share with you my act of kindness, not to show off, but to encourage you that kindness opportunities are everywhere and that acts of kindness are easy to give. Tomorrow, you may be in a similar situation and you become the kindness giver. Also, by helping one another, regardless of race or religion, is the best way to promote racial harmony. We really don't need any laws or rules to tell us what not to do, because with love in our hearts, there is no distinction among us. Cheers to a better world <3

No comments:

Post a Comment