Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Brushing Teeth With My Non-Master Hand

Last night, I did something for the first time in 33 years of my life: I brushed my teeth using my left hand because I had a wound on the right (master) hand and I got it bandaged and wrapped up. It was challenging and awkward to brush teeth with a non-master hand and I have never appreciated the use of my right hand as much as now.
There are many thing in life that we never truly consider as blessings until we lost the use of them. From the very basic of our 5 senses (the ability to see the beauty of the world, to taste the delicacies, to smell aroma and fragrance, to hear beautiful music and to touch and feel with our limbs) to our general health, our freedom, the peace we enjoy, the clean air we breathe and the clean water we drink, I consider them all as blessings rather than entitlements. If you constantly feel that there are no reasons to be happy about or that life is tough and stressful, do take some time to appreciate and shift the focus to the blessings you already have. A happy and meaningful life is all about contentment and being thankful of what we have.
Part 2
While I spent almost thrice the amount of time brushing, things got easier towards the end. Life is going to throw us challenges, especially when we are least expected but we all have this amazing ability to adapt and overcome them one by one. So, if you are facing issues in life currently, stay positive and don't give up. Keep trying and you will soon be able to clear your obstacles and come out stronger. Keep the faith that you are going to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon, for good times are just round the corner :)smile emoticon
*Signing off with my left hand*

No comments:

Post a Comment