Thursday, February 16, 2017

Another Reminder on Importance of Health

* Original Post on 6th Feb 2017 *
I had one of the worst experience of my life last night when I fell quite sick, but I met a wonderful cab driver who really made everything seemed so much better.
It was already past midnight when I boarded the cab and the taxi Uncle who knew I was feeling extremely uncomfortable, kept asking me to take deep breadths, kept reassuring me that we would reach A&E soon and that everything would be fine. Mid way through the journey, I wanted to vomit and Uncle quickly passed me some plastic bags. I felt really bad because of the stench and apologised to him but Uncle was really nice to say it was okay, he told me I would feel better after vomiting out the bad stuff. At times like this when you feel most vulnerable, it is really comforting when someone can extend their kindness to you, it really makes a world of difference.
When I was at the A&E, I thought I was the most in need of medical attention, because I was short of breath, but I saw other patients wheeling in from ambulances and already unconscious. Health is indeed the most precious asset we will ever had, without it, we lose everything. If you are going through a rough patch or having Monday blues, take heart that your problems will be solved one by one, because when you have good health, everything is possible.
Today happened to be my company's CNY lunch celebration, where good food will be served but I am staying at home eating porridge. That is the perfect illustration, isn't it?
PS: Am feeling much better today and on the road to full recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment