Sunday, February 19, 2017

Be Responsible For Your Actions

My boss arranged an early meeting on a Monday morning, I can let it affect me in two ways, one is to blame the boss, blame the organisation, make myself feel miserable, telling myself Monday is sooooo blue or second way, be thankful that I get to see this beautiful world sooner than I usually would. I choose the latter.
I reached office earlier than the meeting time, waited for the meeting to start and people started streaming in, some colleagues came much later than the meeting time, but my boss didn't say a word, and it seemed that this behavior was acceptable.
Why should I make an effort to wake up an hour plus earlier when I could easily come in at a later time and no one is going to say a word? It all boils down to responsibility, doing what you know is right and not being influenced by the actions of others. It is always easier to heck care and follow the crowd but will you stay true to your own conscience? If people start dirtying the toilet seat because no one is watching them, are you going to follow also because no one knows and everyone is doing it, despite you knowing it is wrong to do so?
Our actions speak a lot about our character, you can be the person who always get away with things but you wouldn't earn respect from the people around you. When you don't display responsibility, you lose credibility and trust. So, stay true to your conscience and be a responsible person and do what you know is right. The world will be a much better place, if everyone is responsible for our own actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment