Saturday, July 25, 2015

Donation of Christmas Tree & Piano

I compiled a list of where to donate our preloved items but our kind friends continue to amaze me with the items that they wish to donate.
I have a friend asking me where to donate a piano while another friend asking me where to donate a Christmas tree, these 2 items don't quite fit into the list that I compiled above. I asked around some of my volunteer friends who worked closely with the Elderly/ Children Homes and they are clueless too. I googled and was unable to find any organizations accepting them either. I decided to contact the Homes directly and was pleasantly surprised to receive this reply from Chen Su Lan Methodist Children's Home:
"Dear Jason,
As many of our children are learning piano, I believe the piano will be beneficial. On another hand, so is the Christmas tree. You may drop by from Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm (excluding public holiday) to drop off your donation.
Thanks.
Best Regards,
Jackson"
This taught me that if there is a will, there is always a way. Just keep trying until you find success. If Plan A doesn't work, try Plan B, C, D and so on. Just keep going and don't let the obstacles stop you from reaching your destination. Similarly, if you want to help people, there are 1001 ways to do it, if you don't have time to volunteer, no money to donate, you can still give kindness and be nice to the people around you smile emoticon
Now, you guys know where to donate your piano & Christmas tree ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment