Saturday, July 25, 2015

Helping Mdm Angie

Dear Friends,
Want share with you another happy experience smile emoticon
My friend shared with me this touching story of a nanny who took care of an autistic boy named John, abandoned by his parents since he was a baby, for more than 12 years. The nanny, Mdm Angie, was from a low-income family and had to take on part time jobs to make ends meet. On days when Mdm Angie was left with only $2 to $3. she would buy a packet of rice for John and eat his leftovers.
You can read more about Mdm Angie's story here:
http://news.asiaone.com/…/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110308-2…
My kind friend would like to reach out to Mdm Angie and asked if there are any ways to contact her. I realized that the article was published in 2011 and that made finding her more difficult. The only clue I got from the article was that Mdm Angie won the Asian Women's Welfare Association (AWWA)Centre for Caregivers' 2011 Model Caregiver Award. So, I googled for AWWA's webpage and found an email address to AWWA Caregiver Service (formerly known as AWWA Centre for Caregivers). I thought no harm trying, at most they reply to tell me that they don't have Mdm Angie's contact since it was more than 4 years ago.
Today, I received their reply:
"Hi Jason,
I have informed Mdm Ng about your request. She is agreeable that you call her at 9792XXXX and she speaks Mandarin.
On behalf of Mdm Ng, we thank you for your kindness.
Ping Ping Ng
Admin Executive, Caregiver Service
AWWA
Blk 6, Boon Keng Road, #01-52
Singapore 330006"
Huat ahhhh.....so happy to receive this reply smile emoticon
If we try, we may fail, if we don't try, we will definitely fail ! So friends, if you have not found success, just keep trying !
PS: If any friends wish to reach out to Mdm Angie, pls let me know, I can PM you her contact or I can link you up with my friend, who is planning to visit her and pass Mdm Angie some donations she is consolidating among her friends.
Thank you everyone for your kindness !

No comments:

Post a Comment