Friday, September 4, 2015

Admin Note of Appreciation to All New Members of P2P

Dear (New) Friends,
Thank you very much for joining our humble group. I am really excited that we have more than 4,000 members now. I am excited not because it boost my ego to be the admin/ founder of this group. The truth is that the people who know me (in real life) don't know what I am doing and the people who know what I am doing don't know me, I have intended for it to stay this way. That aside, I am really excited because with every new friend joining us, we edge one step closer to the vision that I had for all of us, that is to build a kindness community that is always willing to help a fellow friend, a fellow member of our society, who is in need. The future may be full of uncertainties and challenges but I believe that if all of us can unite and help one another, there is nothing we cannot overcome. It is similar to how our pioneer generations overcome all the odds to build up Singapore. So, the moral of the story is we must unite, we must be positive and we must help one another.
The whole concept behind our P2P group is to do more with less, a million people donating just $2 each will give a huge total sum of $2M dollars. We need more people to come in to give a little each, so we achieve more in big numbers, which I thought will be more meaningful and sustainable in the long run. This is also the concept of giving kindness, you need not be someone who clocked many volunteer hours each week, but giving kindness in your everyday life (which we are all capable of) can help us build a more gracious and caring society. With more love going around, the world will be a more beautiful place.
Lastly, I hope that this will be the platform for friends to come in to share and look for kindness opportunities. I know many fellow friends in Singapore want to do good but are clueless on what to do or have no time to commit to regular volunteering. The ad hoc volunteer events shared, the appeal for sponsorship, the request for preloved items, will provide you with plenty of opportunities to do good.
I hope you enjoy your stay here and continue to embrace kindness as a way of life. There is a lot of positive energy generated from giving kindness and this energy is what we need to heal all the hate, anger and suffering in this world. It is all we need to build a more beautiful world for many more generations come, cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment