Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Kindness & Tolerance

    This morning, I overhead 2 Aunties asking around for a pen at my void deck. So, I turned and offered them one. They asked for paper to write down a contact no. I tored half a receipt for them to write in the blank space. One of the Auntie asked me to write the name and contact no. for her, which I did. They were very thankful and I felt happy to be able to help.
    I was waiting at the taxi stand when a young man appeared in front of me. He seemed to be in a hurry as he was waving for cab. Initially, I wanted to tell him politely that he was cutting my queue but I thought since my appointment was not time critical, he can have the cab first if he is in a hurry. The cab finally came and I asked him to take it but he declined and asked me to board instead. I thought this situation could have easily become an unhappy one if I decided to get angry with his actions and confront him.
    If we can have more kindness and tolerance, the world will be a better place and we would be happier people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment