Thursday, April 7, 2016

Be Kind To Mother Nature While Using "Free" Resources

The water in my company is free, I do not need to pay a single cent and so is the paper, I can print thousands of pages at no cost to myself. The ink is free, power is free, so are the other resources like paper towel, toilet paper, lights and aircon. I can use all I want, even to the extent of wastage.
However, all these resources that I enjoy don't come from the company, they come from Mother Nature. The extent to which my company can provide these resources to me is directly dependant on what Mother Nature can provide to all of us. If I am working in the richest company but Mother Nature runs out of trees, there will be no paper, it is as simple as that. When temperature starts to rise due to lesser trees, everyone gets affected, both the rich and the poor will suffer. When the haze comes, you have nowhere to hide, unless you decide not to breathe.
We may not be in the critical situation when Earth's resources are depleting to a low level but the day will come if we use resources much faster than they can be replenished. We may not be there to suffer the consequences but generations down will bear the brunt.
Let's be more responsible when we are using resources, be it in office, in public areas or even at home. Being able to afford doesnt mean you will always get what you want. The next time we decide to print something we dont really need or when we leave the fans, lights, aircon on when no one is using, think again on the impact and damage we can cause in numbers. Every one can and must a play a part to protect the only planet we ever have. Let your actions show your children how it should be done so that they can keep up the good work. This is our acts of kindness to Mother Nature :)

No comments:

Post a Comment