Monday, April 25, 2016

Seeing the Positive Side of Things

Early Monday morning, lacking sleep, rushing for morning meeting, crowded bus, even more crowded train station, blame boss for arranging meeting on a Monday morning, blame train company for the congestion, blame govt for the over population, bad day, bad week and finally miserable life.
Early Monday morning, lacking sleeping and rushing for meeting in a crowded bus and train, am thankful that I am in good health to be able to go work, am thankful my loved ones are well and they are my biggest motivation to work hard, am thankful that this place that I am going to, is where I earn an income to fulfill my needs and chase my dreams, am thankful that my boss involves me for an important meeting which means I still have much to contribute, am thankful that the aging train system still gets me to my destination. Even if it is an old man pulling a rickshaw, it is still moving, which is better than not moving at all.
This day, with all the frustrations and challenges I may experience, I choose to be happy and look on the positive side of things. I choose not to let my frustration get the better of me, leading me to believe my life is miserable, where actually there are so much blessings around. We cannot be free from negative events or emotions, they are happening all the time, but we can always learn how to turn our negative emotions into positive emotions and make the best out of everything.
I wish everyone a fantastic week ahead, it will be when you make it to be, cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment