Sunday, June 5, 2016

Good Customer Service Vs. Poor Customer Service: Why Do We Need Kindness

In the space of half an hour, I experienced 2 different levels of customer service. There was a sales lady who was extremely helpful, she gave many valuable advice after hearing about my problem and recommended the best product that suits my need. I dare say that if I had not met her, I would definitely grab the wrong product off the shelf and still face the same issue thereafter. I later met a cashier who was really not in the mood to serve, maybe she had a long hard day, so when I asked, the reply she gave as good as no reply and her tone summed up the level of service she offered.
Why do I encourage friends to be kind? Why should we be nice to others, whether we are in the service line or not? It is because our attitude and actions affect others, what we say or do to others affect their mood and emotions. When we are kind to others, it makes their day brighter and brings joy to them. They will feel thankful to have receive our acts of kindness. When others are rude and nasty to us, it makes our mood unpleasant and we are upset by their actions.
If we live to be mean and bring misery to others, then what is the whole purpose and meaning of our existence? How can we or our loved ones be proud of who we are? Let's strive to spread more kindness around because kindness can inspire kindness. The people whom you are nice to today may pay it forward to another person in need tomorrow. We don't need lots of money or resources to change the world or make our community a better place, we just need more kindness, something that all of us can give on a daily basis. You and I can definitely do our part, cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment