Thursday, September 15, 2016

Be the Change, Make The First Move

Was on my way to Harbour Front MRT when I saw a young Thai couple on the bus. They were alighting at the same stop as me but were both lowering their heads to see what's on the other side. I guessed they wanted to go Vivocity but were unsure where to alight. It was already pitch black at 7 plus, when they tried to look over from the opposite stop. So I approached them and asked where they were going. Indeed, they were going Vivo and so I told them that they were alighting at the right stop. After alighting, I guided them on the directions to Vivo from the opposite bus stop. They were all smiles and very thankful.
Kindness is really about doing the little things to help someone who is need of a little assistance. I spent minimal time, zero money but it brought simple joy to the 3 of us. Why do I want to offer my help? I imagined that if the situation is reversed and I am now in Thailand, unsure of my surroundings, trying hard to figure out the place I want to go, and then someone would just appear to give a helping hand, I will definitely be so grateful and heartened.
We can talk all day about others being self-centered and unkind, the world being a harsh and cold place, but are you willing to be the change you wish to see in this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment