Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Happy 3rd Birthday To PARK !

3 years ago on this very day (22 Sept), I started Project Act of Random Kindness - PARK. The intent was to encourage more people to give kindness, instead of shaming unkind behaviors,(e.g. not giving up reserved seats). Instead of telling people what not to do, let's show people what should be done. It is a more positive way to influence people because kindness is not given out of fear. PARK's motto is to change the world, through acts of random kindness, one at a time.
3 years on, how much of the world have we really changed? I have no answer to that but I can tell you how much my world has changed. The PARK initiative gave rise to our kindness group, PARK $2 Project (P2P), which is the platform for people who want to give kindness to be informed of the ongoing kindness opportunities and for volunteer leaders to get the support and resources for their events. I have been touched, amazed and swept away by the sheer amount of kindness shown in our group, by all the wonderful people in our community, some of whom I have the privilege to befriend. Time and time again, when tragedy strikes, the fantastic people in our group rushed forward to help, to make things better for the families / individuals affected. We are generating hope, the most powerful element we need to ease all our insecurities in an ever changing environment and unknown future. I said this many times, kindness (not tons of money) will be our biggest safety net.
The journey continues to spring more surprises for me, I set up What Makes Us Happy In Singapore? to encourage friends to share their happy moments, to spread more positive vibes around. I managed to "publish" my first ebook, "Be Kind Be Positive Be Happy" ((http://tinyurl.com/jow2s48) earlier this year, to encourage more people to embrace positivity and to choose happiness, through my writings. I handed the main duties of managing P2P to my 4 capable admins and I am now into writing motivational articles, Jason Cai's Motivational Writings, which I hope can cheer you up when you are down or remind you of the simple blessings we all have, esp when you feel so unhappy with life.
The kindness journey has enriched my life in so many other ways, the more I give, the more I am inspired and the more I received. I wouldn't think I was as positive as I was today. The journey brought me so many treasures that I wish to share with every one of you and I know I cannot tell you one shot and expect you to absorb everything. This is the reason I am writing, consistently, because over time, I am reaching out to new groups of friends, setting reminders (for myself) and hopefully changing mindsets and inspiring people to create an impact.
There is no glory in building a legacy for myself, what I truly hope to achieve is to inspire more people, especially the youth, to step forward and help make a difference, even in the smallest manner. You must believe in the immense potential that is underlying in each and every one of you. Every one of us has a part of play in shaping a better future, let's give our best and be proud of what we achieve in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment