Friday, December 16, 2016

The Habit of Positivity

When the alarm clock sounds off every morning, I, like most people, don't wish to wake up and would laze awhile more. However, that is just a short phase, the moment I decided to get out of the bed, the habits of positive thinking start to kick in and they mainly revolve around counting my blessings.
I am blessed in so many ways, a peaceful night rest in my comfortable bed, a shelter over my head, there is food for breakfast, my fridge is filled, safe boiled drinking water all available at my convenience.
As I walked out onto the street, and while the weather may be hotter these days, there is aircon in all of our public transport, shopping centres and offices. The people I see on the street, while they may be engrossed in their thoughts or phones, they look nice and I feel safe around them, not like they are going to discriminate me or rob me anytime. Occasionally, my day is brightened when I see acts of kindness that strangers give to one another. The list does not stop here, there are still many blessings I am thankful for and that makes me happy and positive.
Positive thinking can be a way of life, if you make a conscious effort to practise it, day after day, it soon becomes a sub-conscious thing and a habit. It will come naturally to you, just as how people would practise their presentation speeches until they don't even need to use the script.
People always feel charged up after a motivational talk or after reading a motivational article but a few days later, they go back to their normal regime of negative thinking, comparing with others and feeling sorry for themselves. It takes a little bir more effort to sustain the momentum of positivity and make it a way of life.
PS: I take this opportunity to remind social influencers, people with huge following on Facebook or Instagram, you play a big role in shaping how our world will be. People look up to you and some "worship" you, so be a good role model and help create a beautiful world together. Spreading the love and positive energy and making the world a better place will benefit all of us, including you and your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment