Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Giving Kindness Can Be So Simple

I was in a crowded bus, the man in front of me stood up to alight and free up his seat. I realized the lady beside me was carrying more stuff than me so I offered her the seat.

At the same time, a young couple, who was sleeping earlier, woke up and rushed off to alight after they realized it was their stop. The young lady dropped her water bottle on the seat and I quickly picked it up and chased after her to return to her. I managed to complete 2 acts of kindness in less than 1 min, with minimal effort and zero cost. It makes me happy doing them:)


Anyway, the purpose of my sharing is not to tell everyone what kind of person I am but to tell you that kindness can be so easy to give. If more people can embrace this kindness culture whereby we care more for others, we will definitely see more happiness being spread around. When we sow the seed of kindness in us, someday we will achieve greater things and reach out to more people who need help  When the day comes, you realize that the world is so much more beautiful and it happened because of the difference you make today.

No comments:

Post a Comment