Monday, June 23, 2014

Happiness cost as little as 10 cents

Earlier, I was queuing up for payment when I realized that the old Auntie in front was missing 10c. My wallet on the other hand was full of coins so I decided to give her a 10c coin. She was very grateful and keep thanking me. The cashier said, "Today so many kind people, this morning I also saw a lady paying on behalf...."

Auntie then went to dig further and found 2 50c coins and asked me to take it, she probably felt embarassed to take from me. I told her it's ok, 10c only so don't mention it. She thanked me again and I felt happy to make her happy with just a simple gesture. 10c is all it takes to buy happiness for 2 or 3 people; Auntie, myself and maybe the cashier :)

If we are always unhappy because we are not rich, then maybe we can think again, what is the value of happiness that we define for ourselves? For the poorest of people can also be the happiest of people :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment