Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Kindness Opportunities Are Everywhere

I went to a hawker centre to have my lunch and after buying my food, I was approached by an elderly lady (thin, 50+) who was selling pens, one for $3. She asked if I could support her and let her earn some money for lunch. She said no one wanted to buy from her, which is quite true as her box was full. I gave her $4 and asked her to keep the pen. She looked more surprised than happy but she did thank me subsequently.

As I was sitting down to enjoy my lunch, a handicap uncle in wheelchair was going around singing for all the patrons in the hawker center. I gave him a $2 note and he was very happy, he shook my hands and kept wishing me good health :)

For these 2 acts of kindness, I did not spend much time, effort or money to realize them. I did not plan for them, they came and I simply reacted. However, I felt happy doing such simple things for others, I am pretty sure the receivers felt happy too. As I shared this, I am quite sure that many friends reading this felt encouraged too  :)

Moral of the story, it is easy to give kindness and giving means receiving happiness for yourself too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment