Thursday, October 8, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday, P.A.R.K !

A few friends asked me recently what do P.A.R.K. and P2P stand for and why I started this project 2 years ago. I wrote the b/m article one year ago when PARK turned 1 year old to share why I am doing this and what I hope to achieve:
Some pointers that I would like to add on:
I started PARK also because I see a lot of negativity on cyberspace. The Internet boom makes us all connected on the virtual space and without a physical presence, people become bolder and use their words/ texts to hurt people, incite hate and spread anger. The amount of damage we dealt to a fellow human being is equally as much, be it on cyberspace or in real life.
There is another group of people who use the Internet to shame unkind behaviors, showing how unkind fellow Singaporeans can be in not giving up their seats and being inconsiderate in public places. I do not believe in dealing negativity with negativity. I think only love, tolerance and respect can heal all the sufferings, hurt and hate in this world. Therefore, why not show people the right thing to do, rather than condemn them on doing wrong things. There is a lot of healing energy in giving love & kindness and being positive; on the other hand, I don't think people ever feel happy by being negative (angry, sad, hurt, demoralized).
I think everyone has a part to play in creating a better world for all of us. If we think that this is the job of the government, the welfare organizations or some religious leaders, then we may need to re-think again. The ordinary folks like you and me, when we come together and give a little each, can achieve extraordinary results, through our collective efforts. We have proved this many times with the amazing support for the initiatives shared here in our group. This is really what we should do, help one another (within our means), so that no one gets left behind. I feel that this is our moral responsibiliy to the society/ community we live in.
The future holds many new challenges that you and I cannot predict for our children and their children. However, if we teach them kindness and encourage them to help and support one another, we can be rest assured that no matter what challenges they face, they will overcome it together. We cannot be there for them forever but we can pass on the knowledge and wisdom for them to help themselves in the future.
Lastly, the things we do today, be it in real life or cyberspace, have an impact on the people around us, esp. on our children, who are learning as they grow. If we continue to spread hate and anger, then I am sure the world will be a messier place 50 years from now. If we can spread love and kindness (at least within our circle of influence), we can make the world a better place, for us and for our future generation. I urge everyone to consider the words you say and the actions you do today, for it will have a repercussion effect on fate of tomorrow. If you cannot be kind, at least don't hurt others. If you ask me, my philosophy is always "Be kind, be positive, be happy"
Happy 2 years Anniversary to P.A.R.K. and happy 2 years of friendship to all my friends in this amazing journey, cheers smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment