Monday, October 19, 2015

Complaining

I come to realize that complaining is a powerful tool to gain empathy and it is always nice to see our loved ones offering their concerns and support to help make our situation better. However, we should be careful in using this tool because it can be a double edged sword, it can suck us down in a downwards spiral. The more we complain, the more negative we can get, the more we feel sorry for ourselves, the more we magnify our problem and the more we feel our life is so miserable. What starts off as a small issue can slowly escalate into the the biggest "crisis" we ever face.
There is a difference between complaining and trying to solve an issue. We all face issues in life, no matter at which stage of our lives, that is part and parcel of this journey. If we approach a problem with a positive mindset of wanting to solve it and discussing our loved ones to find a solution, then I think we will eventually get this problem solved. However, if we start to let the problem define us ("my life is so miserable because of this issue") and we are focusing on how the problem affect us ("because of this issue, I cannot do this and that"), then we are building a negative mist around us and the only way we are going is down.
I am not against people complaining about their issues in life, I think it is human nature to do so, I have in fact complained about many issues I face to my friends and family members, all my life. However, the important point to note is not to get carried away, dwell on the negativity and let the issue define and destroy you, via complaining. Focus on the solution, not the issue, and always stay positive, cheers smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment