Tuesday, February 25, 2014

With Kindness Comes Inspiration

After asking around for the last few weeks and with many kind friends sharing the posts to reach out to a wider audience, we are still unable to find someone who owns a lorry/ van and can help out with the collection and delivery of bulky items (furniture/ electrical appliance) to the needy families. I guess the main reason is that most friends don't own a lorry/ van.

This morning, I thought of this idea, why don't I put forward this request to the professionals instead, i.e. companies who are helping people with the transportation when they want to move house/ offices? I can explain to them the good intention behind the initiative when used furniture/ electrical appliance are being collected from kind donors and passed on to the needy families who can't afford them. I can appeal for their support to provide a driver and a lorry to help the volunteers collect and deliver the bulky items between different locations. I can suggest to them a collaboration that benefits both sides, e.g. our volunteers can like their FB page and for every 30 new "likes", they can offer us 10 hours of support.

I searched and found about 20 mover companies in Singapore and contacted them via emails and their FB pages to put forward my proposal. I am really thrilled to receive 3 positive responses within the same day, in fact just within a couple of hours after I sent out my request. Two of the companies have generously offered their services with no strings attached while the third company is seeking their management for approval. I hope there will be more positive responses later or tomorrow.

I would like to share this good news with all my dear friends, especially those who have helped or supported this initiative in some ways. Thank you all for your kindness !


No comments:

Post a Comment