Saturday, April 15, 2017

Know Your Needs vs. Your Wants

Overheard the PA behind me asking one of my junior staff about his new bag. They then went on to talk about the price and the conversation goes something like this, "His (another junior staff) bag cost $200+ because it was made in Korea, mine cost $100+ and it was made in US."
I just bought a new bag too, I thought it is stylish, lightweight and fits my needs. Because it was brandless, it costs only $20. I have nothing against young working adult paying hundreds of dollars for a backpack but they must not later complain that life is tough, everything is so expensive and work is chaining them down because they can't survive without the income. There are options out there and they chose the one that is more high class which obviously comes at a higher price.
If we can all learn to manage our "wants" and focus on our "needs", life is not that bad afterall. We may eventually learn that we are more blessed than we thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment