Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Giving Directions, Giving Kindness

Saw this lady in front of me, she looked lost and was asking around for direction, she approached two ladies who were unfortunately unable to help her as there were Japanese tourists. As I walked past her, she was speaking to an Auntie, whom seemed not very sure on how to guide her. So, I approached her and asked where she wanted to go and gave her the directions. She was very thankful. I went to grab a drink and saw the two Japanese ladies, who were looking lost also, so I again approached them and offered to give them directions. They were surprised but very thankful, judging from the smiles on their faces.
I know some people may think I am very kaypoh but it is okay, they are entitled to their own opinions while I do what I think is right. There are always opportunities to give kindness and if I see one, I will try to give, because I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end. If we have more people helping one another or looking out for one another, it will definitely make our community a more heartwarming place. Simple gestures which takes minimal time and effort can touch another person and brighten his/ her day. Be the one who is big-hearted enough to give love and kindness, it will change your perspective of this world and make you happier, cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment