Saturday, October 15, 2016

Happiness Is A Habit

Simple things in life make me happy, like going to the movies, catching up with friends, enjoying good food or helping people. Maybe it is because I am blessed with a happy-go-lucky personality and easily contented nature, but I think it is also because I make a conscious effort to remain happy. I am not immune to negativity ongoing in my environment but for every reason of unhappiness Life throws at me, I try to find another reason to be happy. I choose to be happy because of the simple things that I get to enjoy in Life. I choose not to raise my expectation so high that it is difficult to make myself happy. I choose happiness because I am deserving, I deserve to be good to myself, and so do you.
To all my friends who are pessimist, natural worrier or continually harboring negative thoughts, I want you to know that happiness is a choice and most importantly, happiness is a habit. There is resistance to change to adopt this new habit but I assure you that the effort is absolutely worth it. Just with all other new habits, it takes time but soon you will perfect it.
To all my friends who are optimists, positively charged happy people, do you know that you and I hold great responsibility to spread the positive energy and happiness around. Don't just stop at being positive in your own life, encourage the negative people around you to embrace your positive spirit as well. Show them that they can be as happy and positive as you too. Together, we can spread more positive energy around and help more people lead meaningful lives by finding their source of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment