Sunday, October 2, 2016

Similar Situation, Different Perspectives

When the weather gets too hot, I am thankful that there is aircon in the office, shopping malls and in our public transportation system. When the aircon in the office gets too cold, I am glad that I am able to go out and get some fresh air, sunshine and warmth.
In a similar situation, I could have felt frustrated, complained about the unbearable heat and wished I was somewhere else, maybe in a country with a cooler climate. However, will it make me happier if I were to think this way?
We all face challenges and constraints in life, our perspectives determine whether we come out of it feeling happy or unhappy. The situation may not change easily (like how do you make Singapore's climate to be cooling all year round), but we can certainly adopt a more positive mindset when dealing with the challenges and issues. Because by doing so, it will make us happier people.

No comments:

Post a Comment