Tuesday, October 11, 2016

"What Are You Grateful For?"

Want to know a secret of happiness? Continually engage your mind with this question, "What Am I Grateful For?"
For example, this morning, I had to travel to far away place for a company event and that meant having to wake up an hour earlier and taking the long journey there. These are my reason of unhappiness actually, but I choose to focus on what I grateful for.
I am grateful for so many things, firstly to be able to wake up and earn another day, I am grateful that my residence has a shuttle bus service to bring me somewhere near there, I am grateful that the shuttle bus uncle was kind to drop me off at a place near my event venue though he was not obliged to. I am grateful that I don't have to pay for some of my meals today (lunch and tea breaks catered). Above all, I am grateful for my health, to be able to see, hear, walk and breathe, all these should not be taken for granted. I am also grateful that I am surrounded by so many lovely people, my family, my friends and all the beautiful strangers whom I have never met, yet put so much trust and faith in me.
You see when we continually ask ourselves this question, it shifts the mind focus to something positive, we give ourselves reasons to be happy through the things we are grateful for. The same goes if you ask yourself what you are unhappy with, the mind shifts the focus to the negativity and you feel unhappy. However, we don't have to consciously do that since negativity is all around in our environment. The state of positivity is more difficult to achieve so we must be proactive in seeking our own happiness. So, make it a habit to ask yourself this question from time to time. You will feel happier this way

No comments:

Post a Comment