Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Bottling Negative Emotions is as good as Holding on your Pee for hours

Ever had this experience of holding onto your pee for a long time, because you couldn't find a washroom or you were stuck in a long journey? It is definitely not a comfortable feeling to have. Bottling negative emotions has the same effect on your mind as holding your pee.
Say you are angry with someone and your mind automatically repeats all the thoughts on how the person hurt you, your mind gives you reasons to be angry to sustain the anger. End up, the person who suffers the most is yourself, not the person who made you angry. The same goes for other negative emotions you bottle up inside you.
You can bring this state of mind everywhere, to the movies, to a nice dining place but you will never truly enjoy what you are doing. It is like watching an exciting movie with a full bladder. You must find a way to release them.
So, if you are harbouring some negative emotions now, try telling yourself this:
"I acknowledge that I am feeling negative because of certain incident/ people, but I also have the wisdom to know that having these thoughts is not going to help me in any ways. Therefore, I choose to let these thoughts go and shift my focus to something positive and meaningful. I choose to love myself and I deserve to be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment