Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Beauty in Taking the Longer Route

I took the wrong bus today and it took me a longer time to reach my destination. In our fast paced society where time is money, I could probably do more if I had not taken the longer route. However, instead of being self-critical, I spent the journey admiring the scenery and witnessing some new development in an otherwise unfamiliar territory.
We may go through detours and longer routes in life, because not everything will go accordingly to plan. It doesn't matter because we will eventually reach our destination, despite taking a longer time. The longer route may bring some pleasant surprises for you along the way.
No matter which route you take, always remember to enjoy every bit of the journey. Slow down if you can, Life is meant to be an enjoyable process. Too much stress, living in others' expectations, being over-competitive and end up feeling so unhappy about it will make Life lose it's purpose. The next time u have to take a longer route to reach your milestone, tell yourself that there is beauty in going the extra distance, it is up to you to unravel what's in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment