Thursday, November 10, 2016

Give Kindness Regardless of Appreciation

I smile to the bus driver when I board the bus, not all bus drivers will acknowledge, I smile anyway.
I press the lift open button for fellow passengers to exit first, not all will show appreciation, I press the lift open button anyway.
I write articles to encourage kindness, positivity and happiness, not everyone will be influenced, I write anyway.
Because every action I give, is my little effort to change things for the better. While it may not be 100% successful, I know that by not doing anything, it is as good as 100% failure.
For every bus uncle who smiled back, for every lift passenger who said thank you and for every friend who was motivated, even just for a short while, I know I have made a positive impact, maybe even a ripple effect for him/ her to pass the kindness/ positive energy forward.
In this journey, I have seen many impossible targets made possible, when someone is willing to take the lead and rally people towards a good cause. You can be that special someone today, when you believe that the power of change is in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment