Thursday, January 26, 2017

Give Love During the Festive Season

The RC under my block is collecting donation of rice and canned food for needy elderly and poor families. Just nice I have canned food and a packet of 1kg jasmine rice.
I don't really take canned food because I think they are unhealthy. I know I am blessed because I can still afford to choose, when that can of food could satisfy a meal for a needy family.
I thought that it doesn't have to stop here. I can give a little bit more, so I bought another 5kg of jasmine rice as part of the donation. The rice may not cost a lot to me, but they can mean a lot to the beneficiaries.
When times are bad, we need more people, those who are more fortunate, to give a little bit more, to help those who are struggling. We give one another Hope through our actions. That is how our society can progress and we can all prosper together. It all starts with a thought, which then translates to an act of kindness and soon influencing people around us and eventually making this a culture.
Chinese New Year celebrates reunion, health and prosperity. As we wish our loved ones well, let's also keep up the good spirit and spread some love to those who are less fortunate in our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment