Thursday, January 26, 2017

No Festive Mood, Never Mind !

I am in this situation whereby colleagues and friends around me are in festive mood while I am under pressure to deliver my work in a very tight project schedule. Late lunch, quick lunch, OTs, work stress, are all becoming common.
Should I feel sorry for myself? Should I blame my boss for all the pressure and tight deadline? Or maybe I should get angry with the colleagues who are taking their time to respond to my urgent requests?
Will doing all these help me? No. On the contrary, it only serves to make me more negative, build more resentment towards everyone and indulge in self pity, which is neither helpful nor meaningful.
If you see from an organisational perspective, there is no such thing as expecting less work during festive season, because we don't receive less pay during these periods as well. If we get less work, then it is a blessing, if not, it is normal. There are many people who had to work through the Chinese New Year, so I am definitely more fortunate than them.
In this festive season, I am thankful for good health, thankful that my loved ones are well, thankful that I have enough for myself and my family, thankful that I am surrounded by the wonderful people. And that, is all it matters, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment