Thursday, January 26, 2017

My Most Satisfying Moment

My most satisfying moment came when there was something I thought I couldn't achieve but I did it anyway and it worked.
I have a loved one who is my senior and someone close to me. Her life is filled with so much negativity, she is always worrying, always imagining the worst, getting herself stressed up and losing sleep over the smallest issue. Every time after I counseled her, she felt better but the cycle of negativity returned soon after. The thing about older folks is their unwillingness to break free of decades of old habits and adopt new and positive habits. I felt helpless and ashamed to call my motivational writer when I could not motivate her to be positive and happy. But I still tried to do it anyway.
Recently, we had a long talk and she told me that she felt enlightened and really wanted to cast aside all the thoughts that was causing her unhappiness for so many years, many of them revolving family issues. I thought no harm sending one of my writings to her, though I didnt tell her I wrote them. The correspondance sort of ended there until one night she WA me to tell me she was reading my "long message" over and over again. She was probably troubled by some negative thoughts and couldn't sleep. She told me the mesaage was meaningful and "wonderful" (direct quote from her message). That was a very satisfying moment because she is one person whom I thought I could never influence because of her strong character.
I learnt that every message, every action we sent out with good intent, has an effect on people. We sometimes give ourselves too many reasons to fail, before we even try. If we try and fail, it is still better than not trying at all because not trying is a definite failure.
I hope we can all keep working on our goals, our dreams, keep improving ourselves and make a difference to the lives of other. Even if the results do not present themselves to us immediately, keep the faith that the our actions will bear fruits someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment